The best way to maintain a youthful appearance is to prevent wrinkles from forming. The appearance of these areas of sagging skin is the number one sign of aging and often one of the most hated.
So much so that, there are literally thousands of facial creams whose manufacturers claim that they had the answer to how to prevent wrinkles.
Unfortunately, all of these creams require regular use and can be quite expensive for a small amount of lotion.
But some of them have proven effective to slow down aging. One of them is YouTonics Skin.
What are wrinkles?
To understand how to avoid wrinkles, it is important to fully understand what they are and how they are formed so that the causes of wrinkles themselves can be treated.
Over the years, several things happen to the skin which can cause it to wrinkle:
- Skin becomes thinner. As this happens, the skin begins to lose its ability to lock moisture in. Skin cells become thinner every year
- Skin cells multiply at s slower rate meaning the skin cannot heal itself as rapidly as when the person was younger
- Less collagen is produced. This acts to hold the different layers of the skin together in a strong position
- Elastin, which gives the skin its elasticity and suppleness. This coupled with decreased collagen means there is nothing to hold the skin in place so it sags and forms creases which are known as wrinkles
Because of the natural changes that occur within the body to cause wrinkles, there is little anybody can do to completely avoid wrinkles forever.
For example, it is not possible to stop the skin from growing thinner. However, understanding situations that can exacerbate the process can point to how to prevent wrinkles.
Whilst many women swear by certain creams and lotions, the most effective anti-wrinkle skin care treatment will contain natural ingredients. Therefore, there are many natural methods which can be used in the prevention of wrinkles.
There are numerous benefits to choosing such methods, not least of which is the fact that they are much cheaper than the alternative.
Keep skin moisturized
The best way to keep skin moisturized is to do so from the inside out by drinking plenty of water. This will prevent skin from becoming dry as well as flushing the body of harmful toxins.
In case you want to cleanse your body! Go to the kitchen and give a try to make your own detox water recipe.
It is also important to avoid situations that can help to dry the skin out. Sunlight is one of the biggest causes of this and has been proven to accelerate the aging process.
It is therefore advisable to stay in the shade, out of direct sunlight. Where this is not possible, the use of hats, umbrellas or natural sun lotions will serve to protect the skin.
Lead a healthy lifestyle
Eating a healthy lifestyle and exercising can do wonders for the skin. Omega oils found in fish and nuts help to eradicate harmful toxins which allow free radicals to cause enormous damage to the skin.
From a dietary point of view, foods and natural fruit or vegetable juices which are rich in Vitamins A and E are extremely good for the skin, promoting the generation of new cells and healthy skin tissue.
This serves to slow the process down, whereby skin cells multiply at a lesser rate, which again, prevents wrinkles.
Smoking and drinking alcohol can be seriously detrimental to the overall health of anyone and are also accelerators of the aging process.
The toxins from tobacco and alcohol can wreak havoc internally and this is reflected in the condition of the skin. Cutting out or minimizing the intake of caffeine and sugar will also help.
There are many natural remedies to prevent wrinkles by using everyday household products or inexpensive natural ingredients. Some of the more popular remedies are listed below:
- Mix equal parts of mashed cucumber and natural yogurt together to form a paste. Apply to the face as a face mask and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing with tepid water
- The cucumber draws out impurities from the skin and cleanses it whilst lactic acid contained with the yogurt combats the formation of wrinkles
- Mashed avocado used in the same way as the yogurt and cucumber mixture is also good for treatment and prevention of wrinkles. This is because Avocado is rich in anti-aging vitamins and minerals
- Facial exercises will keep the facial muscles taught in the problem areas around the eyes and mouth and promote healthy circulation, encouraging the regeneration of healthy skin tissue